I know we’re already nearly three weeks into January and this is the kind of stuff that you should probably set yourself on the 1st but you know me, better late than never! Here are some of my goals, ambitions and changes I hope to take on 2018 for the simple reason that it’s always a good thing to try and better yourself.
- Go on more adventures. My sister bought Danny and I a trip to a private island as our wedding gift when we were on our honeymoon and it was the best wedding gift ever. We don’t have anything physical to hold but we have the most amazing memories from that day! There was also a canvas above our bed on our honeymoon which read ‘collect moments not things’ and that has stuck with me ever since. I want to spend our hard earned money on making memories and going to new places rather than material things in 2018.
- Obsess less with my weight. I’ve briefly touched on this in my Instagram stories that I’m not really going to be following a ‘diet’ as such this year. Yes I want to lose weight. Yes I want to be healthier. No I don’t want to be obsessed by it. I do not want my daughter to have even an ounce of the relationship I have with food when she grows up. I just want her to know that she can eat what she wants but in moderation. It’s totally fine to want to lose weight and be a healthier version of yourself, what I don’t like is when my weeks, days, hours become consumed by thinking about what I can and ‘can’t’ eat.
- Say yes more. I am a typical no woman. If something scares me I’ll say no. If I’m unsure of something I’ll say no. It’s always good to keep pushing yourself and challenging yourself to do something new so I’m going to try and keep this in mind during 2018 and say yes more.
- Practice more mindfulness. I’m so easily bogged down by my own (slightly crazy) thoughts and I can let things get on top of me, in particular stuff I can’t even change! So I want to make a conscious effort to live in the now and not waste my days worrying.
- Read more! I really really really want to make an effort with this! I can’t tell you how many hours I spend aimlessly scrolling through social media . . . It’s honestly ridiculous! I want to take more time out in the evening (lock my phone away) and read a good book! I think it’s good for the soul and also really good to help you switch off in the evening before you go to bed. Sometimes I can stay up till gone midnight looking for the most random and crazy shit online for absolutely no reason in particular!
- Take more photographs. I’ve only had my camera (Sony a5000) for about a year or so and I initially just bought it to take a zillion pictures of Evie but since I’ve started to focus more on my blog and Instagram I’ve begun to really enjoy photography. My god I am no pro by any stretch of the imagination but I’d love to learn more and develop my skills.
So there we have it, just a few changes I hope to make this year, nothing too wild or out there but just small tweaks to my life and a little self care. I spent a lot of 2017 realising the true importance of the special things in life like family, friendships, health and happiness and it’s something I want to continue to focus on. Let me know what your 2018 goals or resolutions are!